UPDATE – our Falls Prevention Classes as they are no longer on hold – they are outdoors !!
Please note regarding COVID-19 that our Seniors Luncheons are on hold,
but that Frozen Meals and Transportation are still available.
East Parry Sound Community Support Services Program operates under the Eastholme Board of Management.
Services provided are made possible by funding received from the North East Local Health Integration Health Network and from client fees.
Programs available to seniors 65+ and people with disabilities include:
• Hot & Frozen Meals
• Seniors Luncheons (Diners Program)
• Transportation (Volunteer & Wheelchair Accessible Van)
• Falls Prevention Balance & Stretch Classes
For further information on the programs, to be determined eligible for services, or to be a volunteer please call:
Leslie Price, Program Coordinator
Shelly Bateman, Administrative Assistant
Sarah Walker, Adminstrative Assistant
Phone: 705-724-6028 or 1-888-521-0000
Hot Meals Delivered please contact:
• Powassan & Surrounding Area – call the Community Support Services – 705-724-6028
• South River & Sundridge – Ila Snow – 705-384-5835
• Burk’s Falls, Emsdale, Katrine, Kearney, Novar, Sprucedale – Veronica Nagel – 705-380-5201
• Magnetawan – Andree Miller – 705-387-3878
Frozen Meals are available for pick up at the following locations, or can be delivered:
• Powassan – at CSS Office, 8 King Street, call office 705-724-6028 or 1-888-521-0000
• Callander – at the Callander Community Centre – contact Heather Busch – 705-752-1295
• Sundridge – at 14 Simms Lane, call Ila and Merlyn Snow 705-384-5835
• Emsdale – at the Township of Perry Municipal Office, 1695 Emsdale Road, call the Community Support Services office 705-724-6028 or 1-888-521-0000
Transportation (Volunteer Drivers)
Volunteer drivers use their own vehicle to take clients to medical and other related appointments and are reimbursed for their mileage.
For eligibility, to book a ride, or for information on client fees please call Leslie, Shelly, or Sarah at the Community Support Services office 705-724-6028 or 1-888-521-0000.
Ontario Works and ODSP clients must contact their worker to request this service.
Wheelchair Accessible Van
This specialized van is equipped with a ramp for those who are using a wheelchair or walker who are not able ride in a regular vehicle as used by the volunteer drivers.
The van is centered in Burk’s Falls at the Almaguin Highlands Health Centre and is available to all eligible clients in the East Parry Sound District.
For further information on the van call the East Parry Sound Community Support Services office at
1-888-521-0000 or 705-724-6028.
Seniors Luncheons (Diners Program) Please contact the area coordinator for days & locations:
• Trout Creek – Gladys Bateman – 705-724-3409
• South River – Linda Callery – 705-384-7765
• Sundridge – Ila Snow – 705-384-5835
• Magnetawan – Jane Drazil – 705-380-6330
• Emsdale – Dick Gibb – 705-685-7450
• Restoule – Katie Laplante – 705-729-5070