As there may be changes to these requirements at any time, please check the site regularly for the latest updates.
The Directives put forward by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care describe the minimum legal requirements that Eastholme must follow in order to protect the residents, staff and visitors of the home. Eastholme is implementing these Directives, and following best practice recommendations with guidance from the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, and Public Health Ontario.
For more information, please click on the following links:
Directive # 3
Minister’s Directive: COVID-19: Long-Term Care Home Surveillance Testing and Access to Homes
- All resident leaves of absence (LOA) for social or personal reasons, must be pre-booked at least one business day in advance.
- Medical appointments are not affected by this policy.
- LOA requests will be reviewed and approved on a case by case basis as outlined in Directive #3 from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Any resident going out on an overnight absence will be required to isolate for 14 days on their return to Eastholme.
- Call extension 493 to make arrangements or complete and submit the Leave of Absence Request Form ( see link below) to the screener at the front door. A representative from Eastholme will call you to discuss the request.